- Architect/Engineer and Design/Build Selections
- Architect/Engineer, Construction Manager Selection
- Trade/Bid Packages
- EXPECTATIONS sessions for External Service Providers
Construction at Penn State University Park and Commonwealth Campuses COVID-19 Update
To our Design and Construction Partners:
On April 22, 2020, Governor Wolf announced that construction activity is authorized to restart on May 1. Please contact your OPP Project Leader or Construction Services Representative to discuss remobilization and the restart of this work, in accordance with the COVID-19 pandemic related restrictions. The health, safety and well-being of our staff and industry partners are essential.
The global COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted all our lives and will change our daily business practices for the foreseeable future. As we resume construction amidst the COVID-19 pandemic crisis, you must take the steps necessary to keep all employees safe, to mitigate the risk of transmission of COVID-19, and to ensure the safety of any University employees or other persons who may be in the vicinity of the jobsite. All construction industry businesses and design-related field activities must strictly adhere to all orders and mitigation guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”), Governor Wolf and Pennsylvania Department of Health, and any construction-specific guidance that may be issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Additionally, prior to restarting construction activity on the jobsite, you must submit the following to the University:
- A Site-Specific COVID-19 Safety Plan, consistent with the guidance referenced above, and in particular OSHA’S “Guidance for the Construction Workforce” https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA4000.pdf and the “PA Construction Industry Guidance” https://www.governor.pa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/20200423-Construction-Industry-Guidance.pdf
- A Site Readiness Statement, to confirm that your firm has inspected the jobsite, and has implemented all required COVID-19 mitigation measures.
Additional information is provided in the ‘OPP D&C COVID-19 Guidance’ document.
Lisa A. Berkey, P.E.
Senior Director, Design and Construction
Adam F. Dent, P.E.
Director, Commonwealth Services