2019 ECGMLA Conference
2019 East Coast Grounds Managers and Landscape Architects Conference
Welcome to the East Coast GRounds Manager and Landscape Architects Conference at Penn State. This year's conference will be held June 11-14, 2019, and we are excited to show you the University Park campus. Accommodations will be at the Nittany Lion Inn, a Four Diamond and Historic Hotel of America. Located in the core of campus, it is within walking distance to many shops and restaurants.
Please register in advance for this year’s conference. We look forward to seeing you in June!
Location: ECGMLAC will be held at Penn State University at the University Park campus on June 11-14, 2019. For directions, please reference the campus map.
Registration: Registration is $300.00 and is open until June 7, 2019
Registration Desk: Please visit the conference registration desk in the Nittany Lion Inn beginning at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 11 or on Wednesday, June 12 at 8 a.m. to pick up your name badge and other materials.
Accommodations: A special group rate is available for conference participants at the Nittany Lion Inn on the Penn State Campus. Please contact the hotel directly to make your room reservations. Be sure to identify yourself as an attendee of ECGMLAC 2019 to receive this group rate.
The Nittany Lion Inn
200 West Park Avenue
State College, PA 16803
The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center
215 Innovation Boulevard
State College, PA 16803
Parking: Those staying at The Nittany Lion Inn can park in the hotel's parking garage, Nittany Deck, or valet park. Those staying at The Penn Stater Hotel can park in the hotel's parking lots or valet park. Shuttles will be available to the conference.
Cancellation Policy: To receive a full refund, please submit a written request on or before June 11, 2019 to [email protected]. There will be no refunds after this date; however, substitutions are welcome.
Tuesday, June 11
5 - 8 p.m., Registration and Welcome Reception (Nittany Lion Inn)
Wednesday, June 12
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m., Late Registration and Continental Breakfast (Nittany Lion Inn)
- 8:30 - 9 a.m., Welcome Address
- 9 - 9:30 a.m., Introduction of Penn State Staff
- 10 - 12 p.m., Walking tour beginning at the south side of the Nittany Lion Inn
- 12 - 1 p.m., Lunch at the HUB-Robeson Center.
- 1:30 - 3 p.m., Walking tour beginning at the HUB Plaza
- 3:30 - 5 p.m., Walking tour beginning at the Berkey Creamery Plaza
Thursday, June 13
- 7:30 - 8:30 am, Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 - 9 am, Morning Address
- 9:30 - 10:30 am, Bus Tour of Innovation Park and the Tower Road Nursery
- 11:30 - 12:30 p.m., Tour of the Arboretum at Penn STate
- 12:30 - 1:30 p.m., Lunch at the Arboretum
- 1:30 - 3 p.m., Walking tour ending at the Berkey Creamery
- 3:30 - 5 p.m., Walking tour of East subcampus
- 6 - 8:00 p.m., Dinner at the Hintz Alumni Center
Friday, June 14
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m., Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 - 9 a.m., Business Meeting
- 9 a.m. , Adjournment