Facility Automation Services (FAS)
Manager, Facility Automation Services: Robert Mulhollem Jr, P.E., firstname.lastname@example.org
152F Office of Physical Plant
University Park, PA 16802-1119
Office: (814) 863-7220(814) 863-7220
Hours of Operation
7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Facility Automation Services is comprised of Five distinct functions:
- Facility Automation Application Engineering
- Facility Automation Network Administration
- Facility Automation Commissioning Services
- Facility Automation Control & Communication Services
- Enterprise Utility Management System
The department’s goals are to provide Facility Automation Services for all of our customers as well as automated energy related services. Our services consist of Facility Automation engineering and documentation; installation, maintenance and repair of the FA fiber network; monitoring connected buildings from a central station; FA server and software maintenance; new product investigation and recommendations; and building commissioning services.
To lead the efforts in design, maintenance, operations and monitoring of the Facility Automation Systems; identify and implement commissioning projects that maximize customer environmental satisfaction, minimizes energy usage and deliver cost-effective, reliable Facility Automation Services to the University community.
Holiday Heat Reduction Initiative
In accordance with Administrative Policy AD64, each year OPP initiates a program to reduce temperatures over the Winter Holiday and Semester Break. The initiative is backed by the University's President's Council. Temperatures in all University non-critical facilities will be reduced to conserve energy, generate savings and reduce greenhouse gas emissions for the University.
President Barron announced in October 2014 that Penn State had committed whole-heartedly to the Department of Energy's Better Buildings Challenge whereby Penn State committed to reducing energy usage by 20% over the next 10 years. The Holiday Heat Reduction initiative helps the University meet that commitment. More information on how the University is doing in that regard is available on the Energy Website link below.
Facility Automation Services coordinates the temperature reductions over the Holiday/Semester Break period with the Facility Coordinators each year. Comments or questions about how cooler temperatures will affect your research should be directed to your Facility Coordinator.
- Raymond Beam, email@example.com - Supervisor, FA Application Engineering
- Robert R. Krasinski, firstname.lastname@example.org - Supervisor, FA Commissioning Services
- Thomas E. Walker, Jr., email@example.com - Supervisor, FA Network Administration
- Gary L Persing, firstname.lastname@example.org - Supervisor, FA Control & Communication Services
- Arthur L. Dawes III, email@example.com - Energy Conservation Specialist